Thursday, October 23, 2014

Junky

[Note:  Controversial if popular entry.  Toyed with the idea of deleting it.  Suffice it to say, it is a fictional narrative in prose, and was not intended to cause alarm or strife...]

Have you heard the plaintive cry of the owl?
Each night she begs you to remain

My love.  From the kitchen you make a scowl.
Why should your mother restrain

Herself when she and I talk under starlight, the porch
scorched with our cigarette ash?

The scholar loves a warrior:  unseemly to these
Chinese eyes.  I proselytized to a whore.

Yet you saved money well not whoring yourself.
Relax.  Under this gibbous moon

She merely asks, in a half-chicana Napa roar
why you have to leave so soon.

She asked me, as I am to her a son-in-law.
You mentioned that you wish to live no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment