Monday, May 27, 2013

Enemy Mine

Just
_____minding my own
__________copping rock
on_____the_____wall.

Cuidado!  Los federales are having a ball,
riding 'round town on their broomsticks.

I vow to fix her
with a dead, lead-lined eye --
_____to look up from within
__________my small shooting gallery.

See how I dig in my heels?
Like the doc said, when the sky
_____opens there will be only
__________me and my memories.

My enemy pulls my string as though I'm a top.
Watch the whole theatre district catch fire.
_____Stopped, at the center I shall remain.
__________I'll breathe flames, inspiring

One million souls to fling wide their doors.
_____Leave work early,
__________give your girl an STD.

From Ocean Beach to Carquinez Strait
Pacific winds bear gray, solemn freight
with which they level the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment